In this economy especially, it has become critically important to hone the process of hiring. You must be methodical and adopt assessment and points systems to ensure the people you are bringing to the team really fit and will help you carry the company into the future.
Our most recent podcast guest, Jake Dunlap, suggests also using an experience interview process, asking the same three questions about each role the person has had up until now: what was the high point, what was the low point, and, on a scale of 1-10, what would your boss say about your performance.
To help you better focus your recruiting efforts, Jake highlights these things that make a new hire the kind of Who you want on your team:
1. Do they have a Purposeful career? It is essential they have been intentional about their jobs and why they joined a team. Did they go there to learn something new, or were they inspired by the mission? Why?
2. What are their Patterns in behavior? Behavior never lies. By examining behavior and results, you can see a clear picture of a candidate’s commitment, gain an innate sense of their character, keenly grasp their beliefs, immediately pinpoint their attitude, and certainly see what they are truly made of….Behavior reflects what they believe to be true and ideals they hold at their core. It tells everyone how they think. It displays what they value and prioritize.
3. Coachability. And will they also teach others and provide meaningful feedback to improve the team’s performance? Nothing surpasses finding a weakness early and dealing with it today, before it has a chance to spread and negatively affect future opportunities. Pay special attention to the patterns you see again and again. Judicious self-development and a commitment to being better today than yesterday means the candidate will help the company improve, and that creates client preference.
4. Growth mindset. It is almost unbelievable how the principle of compounded effort can work in your life. What is even more unbelievable is how few people actually employ these principles to fast track results. It hammers home the point that successful people are not doing the same things in the same way everyone else is doing them. They are clearly doing better things and employing better, bigger views and strategies. Success is not a random act. It is not luck. It comes from having a growth mindset and employing smart strategies around the same.
5. Demonstrated vs hypothetical performance. They must walk the talk. They must display constant forward progress, unwavering integrity, strong reputation, and exceptional performance against metrics. If your ultimate goal is to have a team that Exceeds Expectations, to unleash your greatness and consistently move the needle forward, you must hire folks that have proven they are best in class, honor commitments, and, deliver more than they promise.
6. Cultural fit. Define what an A-B-C player looks like within your organization and communicate throughout the ENTIRE company. State what having the right players on your team means to the success of your organization, and how the wrong players contribute to your detriment. Think in terms of $$$ and overall morale. Make it a part of your dialogue, both internally and externally. It must become a part of your culture, who you are and match your vision. If they cannot merge into and complement the team, then do not consider bringing them onboard.
It is essential you have Uniformity in your interview process. IT ensures you hire the best possible candidates and makes for a Better candidate experience. It enhances your talent brand.
Use a team of interviewers who are following a process and have a set group of criteria that defines the ideal candidate. Ensure each also has a style and set of questions that compliments the others and is designed to home in on what matters most to your company.
At CERCA Talent+, we have worked in your field as both leaders and recruiters. We know the space and the people that will help you attain your important goals. We exist to ensure you are provided Top Talent to achieve Peak Performance and Exceed Expectations. Contact our managing partner, Scott Rivers, today: email@example.com, to find out all the ways we can help you build a winning team.
Links from Episode Four of Talent+Talks Podcast:
Jake’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakedunlap/
Jakes Company: https://skaled.com/
Also, if you haven’t connected with Scott, please connect with him on LinkedIn. You can find him here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottrivers/
Cerca Talent: https://www.cercatalent.com
About Jake Dunlap: As a C-level sales leader and entrepreneur with more than a decade of experience, he has developed and led high-performing sales and operational functions, specializing in building out repeatable, sustainable processes.
He has built a firm rated higher than McKinsey in Management Consulting and Accenture in Sales Consulting by changing the way we define “consulting.” How? Skaled created a new bar where the goal is results and not recommendations.
Strategic vision and tactical strategy execution is how you generate results today.
With 30+ employees and a network of 100s of top experts, Jake is dedicated to helping individuals and organizations:
- Align sales and marketing organizations to increase sales productivity 10-20%
- Create replicability via advanced processes and sales methodologies
- Automate follow up, data entry, and task management in CRM and the sales stack
• YouTube: Jake Dunlap – check out over 200 plus videos
• Instagram: @jake_dunlap_ to get all the behind the scenes action
- C-level sales leader and highly sought after industry thought leader, quoted by Forbes, Inc. and Huff Post.
- First VP of Sales at Glassdoor (1.2 billion dollar acquisition – May 2018)
- VP of Sales at NoWait (acquired by Yelp – March 2017)
CERCA Talent is a full-service Talent Firm with strategic focus in the areas of Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Genomics and Biotechnology.
Our clients choose to work with CERCA because of our deep understanding of the industries that we serve. They continue to work with us based on our knowledge and contacts which lead to amazing service to our clients. By working with the best clients, we are able to support them hiring the best talent in the industry.
Your host, Scott Rivers, is the Managing Director at Cerca Talent+, a Global Recruitment Solutions firm, where he directs the Diagnostics, Device and Genetics Talent Acquisition activities for the organization. Scott’s background as a recruiter, search firm owner and industry sales and marketing director, gives him an inequitable advantage in today’s talent market. Regarded as an expert in Talent Acquisition and Employment Technology, Scott has consulted some of the largest companies in the world on how best to implement talent acquisition strategies into daily practice.
Scott’s past experiences include senior sales and marketing roles at global organizations including Bayer AG and Johnson & Johnson. His last industry position was the Global Director of Oncology Marketing at a Johnson & Johnson Company. There, he was responsible for all upstream and downstream marketing activities pertaining to the molecular oncology products of the organization.
#podcasting #podcasts #spotify #podcastlife #podcaster #podcastersofinstagram #youtube #itunes #podcasters #covid #applepodcasts #entrepreneur #interview #podcastshow #motivation #coronavirus #soundcloud #newpodcast #applepodcast Report this
Helping clients acquire top talent for peak performance in the fields of Oncology, Genetics, Diagnostics and Life SciencesPublished
In this economy especially, it has become critically important to hone the process of hiring. You must be methodical and adopt assessment and points systems to ensure the people you are bringing to the team really fit and will help you carry the company into the future. It is essential you have Uniformity in your interview process. It ensures you hire the best possible candidates and makes for a Better candidate experience. It enhances your talent brand. Use a team of interviewers who are following a process and have a set group of criteria that defines the ideal candidate. Ensure each also has a style and set of questions that compliments the others and is designed to home in on what matters most to your company.
At CERCA Talent+, we have worked in your field as both leaders and recruiters. We know the space and the people that will help you attain your important goals. We exist to ensure you are provided Top Talent to achieve Peak Performance and Exceed Expectations. Contact our managing partner, Scott Rivers, today: firstname.lastname@example.org, to find out all the ways we can help you build a winning team.LikeCommentShare
Helping clients acquire top talent for peak performance in the fields of Oncology, Genetics, Diagnostics and Life Sciences
More from Scott Rivers
- Your Sales Process Is BROKEN! Let’s Fix ItScott Rivers on LinkedIn
- Top 7+ Essentials You Must Have in Talent to Thrive TodayScott Rivers on LinkedIn
- Video is the Key to More SalesScott Rivers on LinkedIn
- Top 14+ Ways Unleashing the Power of a Nap Promotes Peak PerformanceScott Rivers on LinkedIn