In today’s podcast, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and futurist, Bill Jensen teaches us a few lessons on why your time matters and how to get it back.
The ONLY thing that we all have the same amount of is time, so the fact we each have 1,440 minutes a day matters. How you spend that time and what you spend it on will have a tremendous impact on your success.
No matter your measure of success, how you invest your time dictates whether or not you can achieve your goals and leave the legacy you desire. Do you want to spend more time with family and friends? Then get your work done in a normal workday and go home to do that. Do you want to be the most effective salesperson, manager, director of Chief Commercial Officer in your business? Then those 1,440 minutes each day matter so much that you can’t afford to miss out on even 1 of them.
During today’s episode, Bill gives real-world examples of how he has been able to make company leaders more effective and efficient by taking back their time and by communicating using a remarkably simple formula: Know, Feel, and Do. This applies to your communication up and down within your organization. Bill even provides you with the one question that you should ask everyone whose meeting you attend to ensure you are spending your time wisely.
Specifically, we discuss:
· How to focus for greatest impact (3:28)
· The most effective communication strategy (9:33)
· How work should be organized and optimized (13:15)
· Why inner knowingness is essential (16:02)
· How to think more deeply (19:18)
· How to create more time (21:14)
· How tomorrow takes the handoff from today (30:30)
· Why Leadership matters now more than ever (34:00)
· How to stay sharp (39:20)
Bill will also help you better focus your recruiting efforts by highlight those things that make a team member the kind of peak performer you want on your team (42:22):
1. They understand the human impact
2. They understand the business impact
3. They know how to fail forward
Finally, Bill is offering us an opportunity to get his latest book, The Day Tomorrow Said No, for FREE. To get this free resource, you can either
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- you can click this link http://bit.ly/2LjMA2 and you will get the book for free.
As always, I recommend that you connect with Bill on LinkedIn. You don’t want to miss out on his content. You can find him here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/simpletonbill/
Want to learn more about Bill, his books, his keynotes, or how to have him speak at your next event (Live or Virtual)? Here is the company Website: https://www.simplerwork.com/
Lastly, if you haven’t connected with Scott, please connect with him on LinkedIn. You can find him here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottrivers/
Cerca Talent: https://www.cercatalent.com
Tags: Bill Jensen, Scott Rivers, Talent Talks, Talent + Talks, Management Consultant, Management Consulting, Sales Training, Sales Leadership, Marketing Consultant, Marketing Training, Executive Search, Diagnostics Recruiter, Genetics Recruiter