Filling a high-level position requires an extensive investment of time and resources for any company. Like many other fields, the nuances of talent level in Clinical Research and Diagnostics, Genomics, Genetics and Molecular Medicine necessitates unique experiences specific to the industry in order for the new leader to be successful. That is why it can be exceptionally frustrating when the person you hire still ends up being a poor fit for your organization.
Fortunately, trusting an executive search firm with the recruitment can help you avoid costly mistakes in the future. If you have not worked with such a company in the past, here are seven compelling reasons why you should start today:
- Additional knowledge and resources: Recruiters often maintain large networks of people they are working to place in high-level jobs. This is a source you would not necessarily have access to when going about the hiring process in the usual manner. They are also adept at cold calling and getting passive candidates more interested in the position your company has to offer.
- Confidentiality: This is particularly important when your company is recruiting specific candidates from another organization. Not only could you face legal troubles for approaching the employee of a competitor, it could damage your company’s reputation as well. Executive search firms also bring objectivity to the table. Your contact can tell you what a competitive industry salary is and handle the negotiation process for you with your list of qualified candidates.
- Going beyond background searches: Executive search firms have the expertise necessary to find additional information about job candidates beyond what a basic background check will reveal. Examples include educational credentials, businesses owned, and general character. This saves you a great deal of time in administrative tasks.
- High return on investment: When you are debating about whether to hire an executive search firm, consider how much it costs your organization to find top talent independently. You need to factor in advertising, the actual costs of leaving the position unfilled, and the time it takes away from other tasks just for starters. Outsourcing all of this to an executive search agency can save you significantly more money than you spend securing the services of a search firm.
- Marketplace expertise and knowledge: To receive the greatest benefit from a search firm, it is essential to select one that specializes in placing people specific to your company’s industry. The organization you hire should know appropriate industry lingo as well as what it takes to succeed at a company like yours. Many recruiting agencies, like Cerca Talent+, hire from within the industries they serve, and where they have worked themselves. This allows for immediate knowledge of the industry and lends the added benefit of a solid book of connections to network for new opportunities.
- Narrowing the list of candidates to interview: No one has the time to sift through hundreds of resumes and select a handful of people to interview. Search firm representatives use their years of experience in the industry to zero in on specific skills needed for the open position. By narrowing the list of candidates to a select three to five who meet the criteria set by the hiring manager, the recruiters will save you days and weeks of time just in the initial selection process.
- Skilled Negotiator: Salary can be a thorny issue that may cause long-term hard feelings if the negotiation process is not handled respectfully. Since your recruiter will not typically earn commission until after the position is filled, he or she will work especially hard in this area. By using a recruiter as a buffer, the candidate you eventually hire does not have to know about specific objections you raised in the negotiation process.
When you have an executive position you needed filled yesterday, a specialty search firm will help you find the ideal person to fill the role with an expert who will get up and running fast. Do your homework and find a group you are comfortable working with, who has a great reputation in the industry, and one that deeply understands the real value of partnership, like Cerca Talent+. You are certain to save time, reduce stress, avoid headaches and get a great return on your investment for your next executive hire.
Scott Rivers is the Managing Director of Cerca Talent+, a talent agency for the Diagnostic and Life Science Industries. Scott’s recruiting experience extends into the areas of Diagnostics, Life Sciences, Oncology and Genetics. His team manages recruitment for all levels within the commercial area of these businesses.
As a leader who has worked at all levels of commercial, medical sales and global marketing, Scott is an intense professional who works with organizations to fine tune talent branding. If you are a leader looking to expand your team with professionals who are focused on delivering work in which they take pride, and you can be proud of, every day, then Scott would be privileged to help you in the process. Having been a professional in the fields where you focus, Scott knows the ins and outs of the companies, the business and the customers you are working to come alongside.
Cerca Talent+ is a full-service Executive Search Firm with a strategic focus in the areas of Clinical Diagnostics, Molecular Diagnostics and Oncology, Genomic and Genetic Medicine. Our clients choose to work with Cerca because of our deep understanding of the industries we serve. They continue to work with us based on our extensive market knowledge, vast connections and quality of results.
That’s a good match for any company. Partner with the group that can talk shop and gain rapport with the pros who will lead your business into the future. Email Scott Rivers today at email@example.com, or call direct at 201-594-2101, and we will begin the process of finding you Allstars that help you set records.